WE HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US FOR THE 2016 LIGHTING FESTIVAL, NOVEMBER 25-27
Thank you to all who attended the 2015 Lighting Festival and to the many ELVES that helped make this year’s Festival so wonderful!
2015 WINNERS OF THE TAYLORS FALLS LIGHTING CONTEST
1st Place: 637 River Road
Best Use of the Theme: A Journey of Learning: 325 Basil St
2nd Place: 787 Colby St.
3rd Place: 406 Maple St.
637 River St.
Best Use of the Theme
“A Journey of Learning”: 325 Basil St.
The Lighting Festival – always the weekend after Thanksgiving – is over for this year, but enjoy clicking on the different days to view the events we had for 2015.
See you in 2016!
Friday - Nov. 27, 2015
- 1-8pm Holiday at the Depot Arts & Crafts Sale; Memorial Community Center memorable holiday gifts – and local!
- 3-8pm Visit the 1868 Bullard/Owens Holiday House. $3 or kids 6-17 $1 (benefits the Lighting Festival)
- 4-8pm Christmas at the 1855 Folsom House; $3 or kids 6-17 $1
- 4-8pm 3rd Grade Exhibit at the Town School House – FREE
- 5pm Chili, hot dogs and bonfire at St. Joseph’s Church 5pm Booya at Romaynes – $5
- 5:30 Pleasant Valley Cloggers at The Timber Box (formally the She Shop)
- 6pm Grand Lighting of Village & Santa Parade
- PARKING TIP – avoid downtown snarl. Free parking at Interstate Park (if there is less than an inch of snow on the ground)!
- AFTER THE PARADE:
- Santa at Santa Land with a Brass Band & surprises!
- Mrs. Claus reading to children at the library
- 3rd Grade exhibit at the Town House School
- Face painting & animal balloons
- Free wagon rides outside Coffee Talk
- Kettle Korn at the Town House School
- Judging of outdoor light displays
Want to print out the schedule? Click here to view.
Saturday - Nov. 28, 2015
- 9-3pm Wassail Party Craft Fair and Swedish Food serving Swedish Meatballs, Potatoes On-A-Stick, Swedish Egg Coffee at the Community Center & Town House School. The Swedish food benefits the Swedish Circle brochure
- 9:30-12:30 Visit the historic Taylors Falls Library
- 10am Medallion Hunt – clues every half hour! Clues will be posted on the town board on Bench Street and on the Taylors Falls Lighting Festival Facebook page
- 10-4pm Visit the 1868 Bullard/Owens Holiday House. $3 or kids 6-17 $1 (benefits the Lighting Festival).
- $3 or kids 6-17 $1 (benefit for the Lighting Festival)
- 10-3pm Taylors Falls Historical Society will be selling Christmas decor, both new and antique at the Visitor Center (lower level of the community center)
- 10-7pm Bazaar and Bake Sale at the 1861 Methodist Church
- 11-4pm Christmas at the Folsom House; $3 or kids 6-17 $1
- 1 pm “A Christmas Quilt” performance at the 1861 Methodist Church with Nyla Greenberg and Ellen Lurie. $2 for adults, children free.
- 4:30pm Ecumenical Vespers for all at the 1861 Methodist Church
- 6:30pm Family Bingo for cash and prizes!! Community Center
- 6:30 Prohibition Flapper 20s Party at The Eye. Shows at 7 and 8. $5 – 30% of proceeds benefit the Lighting Festival
- 7:30pm A Christmas Carol at the Festival Theatre in St. Croix Falls
Want to print out the schedule? Click here to view.
Sunday - Nov. 29, 2015
- 1-4pm Christmas at the Folsom House; $3 or kids 6-17 $1
- 2-4pm Wine Tasting & Appetizers at Tangled up in Blue with Wild Mountain Winery. Live music by Mojo Swing! Free will donation to benefit the Lighting Festival
- 2pm A Christmas Carol at the Festival Theatre in St. Croix Falls
- 3 pm Winter concert by the St. Croix Valley Orchestra. Donations to the orchestra are appreciated.
- 4:30pm Faith-Talk Jars & Self-Guided Tour, First Lutheran Church. A fun craft project to do with children or friends that will bring fun & conversation about things that matter to you and your family around the family table all year long. Click to view flyer.
Congratulations Brooklyn, Caty, and dad Patrick Larson from Shafer Minnesota for being the
winners of the 2015 Medallion Hunt and the recipients of the $100 prize!
Preview many of the wonderful Lighting Festival activities in this video and then come and enjoy the fun in person. There’s nothing like the real thing!!
Countdown to Lighting Festival 2016!
We are currently accepting sponsorships for the 2016 Lighting Festival. Please contact us for more information.
Our 2015 Sponsors
The Lighting Festival wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of our sponsors!
Business Sponsors: City of Taylors Falls; SCRMC ; Xcel Energy; Central Bank; Eagle Valley Bank; Tangled up in Blue; Wild Mountain Recreation; Wild Mountain Winery; Adium; High Test Travel; Keller Williams Realty, Chain of Lakes Group; Re/Max Muske Community Support Foundation; Buchite & Associates; Old Jail B & B; Taylors Falls Dental Clinic; The Timber Box; Wild River Electric; Angel Hill Apts.; Bitworks; Coffee Talk; Country Bed and Breakfast; Croix Management; High Woods B & B; Lorie’s Hair Care; McLean Accounting; Rocky River Bakery; Rowe Sewer Service; The Copy Shop; The Cottage B & B; The Drive-in; The Eye; The Yarn Bank; Wannigan Point Cabins; Wild River Contracting; Taylors Falls Bead Store; WebPlus; Linda Shober Designs and Images. Organizational Sponsors: The Lighting Festival Elves; Taylors Falls Lions Club; Taylors Falls Historical Society; 3rd and 4th Grades at Taylors Falls Elementary; First Evangelical Lutheran Church; CERT; UMC Outreach Committee; Taylors Fall Fire Department.