The 33rd Annual Lighting Festival November 24-26, 2017!!
Want to see the great events at the 2016 Lighting Festival? Click the event days below to expand and view all of the wonderful activities that were held. Now, on to 2017!
Friday - Nov. 25
- 1-8pm Holiday at the Depot Arts & Crafts Sale; Memorial Community Center. Memorable holiday gifts – and local!
- 3-8pm Visit the 1847 McKusick Christmas House. Plateau St.. $5 or kids 6-17 $1 (benefits the Lighting Festival)
- 3-8pm Christmas at the 1855 Folsom House; $3 or kids 6-17 $1
- 3-8pm 3rd Grade Exhibit at the Town School House – FREE
- 5-6pm NEW TIME! Mrs. Claus reading to children at the library
- 5pm Chili, hot dogs and bonfire at St. Joseph’s Church 5pm Booya at Romaynes – $5
- 5:15 NEW TIME! Pleasant Valley Cloggers at The Timber Box (formally the She Shop)
- 6pm Grand Lighting of Village & Santa Parade
- PARKING TIP – avoid downtown snarl. Free parking at Interstate Park (if there is less than an inch of snow on the ground)!
- AFTER THE PARADE:
- Santa at Santa Land (at The Timber Box)
- 3rd Grade exhibit at the Town House School
- Face painting & animal balloons at Schoony’s
- Free treats at the new Chamber office
- Free wagon rides outside Coffee Talk
- Kettle Korn at the Town House School
- Judging of outdoor light displays
Saturday - Nov. 26
- 9-3pm Wassail Party Craft Fairand Swedish Food serving Swedish Meatballs, Potatoes On-A-Stick, Swedish Egg Coffee at the Community Center & Town House School. The Swedish food benefits the Swedish Circle brochure
- 9:30-12:30 Visit the historic Taylors Falls Library
- 10am Medallion Hunt – clues every half hour! Clues will be posted on the town board on Bench Street and on the Taylors Falls Lighting Festival Facebook page
- 10-6:30pm Visit the 1847 McKusick Christmas House. $5 or kids 6-17 $1 (benefits the Lighting Festival). $5 or kids 6-17 $1 (benefit for the Lighting Festival)
- 10-2pm Don’s Sugar Shack Tours. Don’t forget to buy some maple syrup to benefit First Lutheran Youth Group. 842 West St.
- 10-3pm Taylors Falls Historical Society will be selling Christmas decor, both new and antique at the Visitor Center (lower level of the community center)
- 10-7pm Bazaar and Bake Sale at the 1861 Methodist Church
- 11-6:30pm Christmas at the Folsom House; $3 or kids 6-17 $1
- 1 pm NEW – Countdown to Christmas – Lots of fun PUPPETS AND MUSIC. Every seat is a good one. For families and children…of all ages. Free. 1861 Methodist Church.
- 4:30pm Ecumenical Vespers for all at the 1861 Methodist Church. Free will donation.
- 6:30pm Family Bingo for cash and prizes!! Community Center. $15/pkg & dobbers $1
- 7:30pm A Laura Ingalls Wilder Christmas at the Festival Theatre in St. Croix Falls
Sunday - Nov. 27
- 1-3pm NEW – Green Fire Irish Dancers and Ceili.
performing an Irish Polka in Victorian costume, jigs and hard shoe reels,a dance for the 100th anniversary of the 1916 Easter Rising in period costume, Irish Waltzes and a medley of eight barn dances from Donegal. Free will donation. Community Center
- 1-4pm Christmas at the Folsom House; $3 or kids 6-17 $1
- 12-5pm Faith-Talk Jars & Self-Guided Tours, First Lutheran
- 2pm A Laura Ingalls Wilder Christmas Festival Theatre in St. Croix Falls
- 3 pm Winter concert by the St. Croix Valley Orchestra. Donations to the orchestra are appreciated
FAMILY FUN BINGO!!
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ATTENDED BINGO. YOU HELPED MAKE 2016 THE BEST BINGO NIGHT EVER.
SATURDAY NIGHT – 6:30 @
$15 FOR PKG OF 20 OR $1 PER GAME.
The winners of the 2016 outdoor lighting contest are:
1st Place: 637 River Road
2nd Place: 325 Basil Street
3rd Place: 396 Colby Street
Best Use of the Theme “Drifting into the Season”: 361 Plateau Street
Best Outdoor Lighting: Chisago House
Best Window: The Yarn Bank
Honorable Mention: The shooting stars Government, Basil and Plateau streets of Angel Hill.
The Lighting Festival committee would like to thank all of the Taylors Falls residents who decorated. You have made our Christmas Card Village extra special for our visitors!
Preview many of the wonderful Lighting Festival activities in this video and then come and enjoy the fun in person. There’s nothing like the real thing!!
Music at the Lighting Festival
Ecumenical Choral Vespers
Saturday, 4:30pm, 1861 Methodist Church
Green Fire Irish Dancers
Sunday, 1pm, Taylors Falls Memorial Community Center
St. Croix Valley Orchestra
Sunday, 3pm, 1861 Methodist Church
Countdown to Lighting Festival 2016!
The Lighting Festival wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of our sponsors!
Business Sponsors: City of Taylors Falls, Xcel Energy, St. Croix Regional Medical Center, MidWestOne Bank, Eagle Valley Bank, Adium, High Test Travel, Linda Shober Design and Images, Re/Max Muske Community Support Foundation, WebPlus, Wild Mountain, Wild River Electric, Buchite & Associates, McLane Accounting & Tax Service, Inc., Bitworks, Coffee Talk, Country Bed and Breakfast, Croix Management, High Woods Bed & Breakfast, Lorie’s Hair Care, Old Jail B & B, Rocky River Bakery, Rowe Sewer Service, Taylors Falls Bead Store, Taylors Falls Dental Clinic, The Copy Shop, The Cottage B & B, The Drive-in Restaurant.
Organizational Sponsors: The Lighting Festival Elves; Taylors Falls Lions Club; Taylors Falls Historical Society; 3rd and 4th Grades at Taylors Falls Elementary; First Evangelical Lutheran Church; CERT; UMC Outreach Committee; Taylors Fall Fire Department.