Click the event days below to expand and view all of the wonderful activities planned.
More events on the way so please visit again!
Friday - Nov. 25
- 1-8pm Holiday at the Depot Arts & Crafts Sale; Memorial Community Center. Memorable holiday gifts – and local!
- 3-8pm Visit the 1847 McKusick Holiday House. Plateau St.. $5 or kids 6-17 $1 (benefits the Lighting Festival)
- 3-8pm Christmas at the 1855 Folsom House; $3 or kids 6-17 $1
- 3-8pm 3rd Grade Exhibit at the Town School House – FREE
- 5-6pm NEW TIME! Mrs. Claus reading to children at the library
- 5pm Chili, hot dogs and bonfire at St. Joseph’s Church 5pm Booya at Romaynes – $5
- 5:15 NEW TIME! Pleasant Valley Cloggers at The Timber Box (formally the She Shop)
- 6pm Grand Lighting of Village & Santa Parade
- PARKING TIP – avoid downtown snarl. Free parking at Interstate Park (if there is less than an inch of snow on the ground)!
- AFTER THE PARADE:
- Santa at Santa Land (at The Timber Box)
- 3rd Grade exhibit at the Town House School
- Face painting & animal balloons at Schooney’s
- Free wagon rides outside Coffee Talk
- Kettle Korn at the Town House School
- Judging of outdoor light displays
Saturday - Nov. 26
- 9-3pm Wassail Party Craft Fairand Swedish Food serving Swedish Meatballs, Potatoes On-A-Stick, Swedish Egg Coffee at the Community Center & Town House School. The Swedish food benefits the Swedish Circle brochure
- 9:30-12:30 Visit the historic Taylors Falls Library
- 10am Medallion Hunt – clues every half hour! Clues will be posted on the town board on Bench Street and on the Taylors Falls Lighting Festival Facebook page
- 10-6pm Visit the 1847 McKusick Holiday House. $5 or kids 6-17 $1 (benefits the Lighting Festival). $3 or kids 6-17 $1 (benefit for the Lighting Festival)
- 10-3pm Taylors Falls Historical Society will be selling Christmas decor, both new and antique at the Visitor Center (lower level of the community center)
- 10-7pm Bazaar and Bake Sale at the 1861 Methodist Church
- 11-4pm Christmas at the Folsom House; $3 or kids 6-17 $1
- 1 pm NEW – Countdown to Christmas – Lots of fun puppets and music. Every seat is a good one. For families and children…of all ages. Free. 1861 Methodist Church.
- 4:30pm Ecumenical Vespers for all at the 1861 Methodist Church
- 6:30pm Family Bingo for cash and prizes!! Community Center
- 7:30pm A Laura Ingalls Wilder Christmas at the Festival Theatre in St. Croix Falls
Sunday - Nov. 27
- 1-3pm NEW – Green Fire Irish Dancers and Ceili. Free will donation. Community Center
- 1-4pm Christmas at the Folsom House; $3 or kids 6-17 $1
- 2pm A Laura Ingalls Wilder Christmas Festival Theatre in St. Croix Falls
- 3 pm Winter concert by the St. Croix Valley Orchestra. Donations to the orchestra are appreciated.
- The 1847 McKusick Holiday House is the first time this house has ever been open to the public. Did you know this house was originally from Stillwater, MN? Visit this beautiful historic home.
- Mrs. Claus is reading to the children at the library BEFORE the parade this year! Keep warm before the parade and enjoy the wonderful stories.
- The Pleasant Valley Cloggers will be starting their performance at 5:15.
- There will be a puppet show, Saturday, 1pm at the 1861 Methodist Church.
- Green Fire Irish Dancers will be performing at the community center, Sunday from 1-3pm. After their performance they will lead us in a ceili dance. Ceili dance is the Celtic version of a square dance and it’s a lot of fun!
Preview many of the wonderful Lighting Festival activities in this video and then come and enjoy the fun in person. There’s nothing like the real thing!!
This year’s theme: “Drifting into the Season”
Countdown to Lighting Festival 2016!
We are currently accepting sponsorships for the 2016 Lighting Festival. Please contact us for more information.
Our 2015 Sponsors
The Lighting Festival wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of our sponsors!
Business Sponsors: City of Taylors Falls; SCRMC ; Xcel Energy; Central Bank; Eagle Valley Bank; Tangled up in Blue; Wild Mountain Recreation; Wild Mountain Winery; Adium; High Test Travel; Keller Williams Realty, Chain of Lakes Group; Re/Max Muske Community Support Foundation; Buchite & Associates; Old Jail B & B; Taylors Falls Dental Clinic; The Timber Box; Wild River Electric; Angel Hill Apts.; Bitworks; Coffee Talk; Country Bed and Breakfast; Croix Management; High Woods B & B; Lorie’s Hair Care; McLean Accounting; Rocky River Bakery; Rowe Sewer Service; The Copy Shop; The Cottage B & B; The Drive-in; The Eye; The Yarn Bank; Wannigan Point Cabins; Wild River Contracting; Taylors Falls Bead Store; WebPlus; Linda Shober Designs and Images. Organizational Sponsors: The Lighting Festival Elves; Taylors Falls Lions Club; Taylors Falls Historical Society; 3rd and 4th Grades at Taylors Falls Elementary; First Evangelical Lutheran Church; CERT; UMC Outreach Committee; Taylors Fall Fire Department.