34th Annual Lighting Festival
November 23-24, 2018
This Year’s Theme: “Our Wild and Scenic River”
Expand the boxes below to see the events!
Friday - Nov. 24, 2017
- 1-8pm Holiday at the Depot Arts & Crafts Sale; Memorial Community Center. Memorable holiday gifts – and local!
- 3-8pm Visit the 1870 E.C. Winslow House, 579 Bench, $5 or kids 6-17 $1 (benefits the Lighting Festival)
- 3-8pm Christmas at the 1855 Folsom House; $4 or kids 6-17 $2
- 3-8pm 3rd Grade Exhibit at the Town School House – FREE
- 5-6pm Mrs. Claus reading to children at the library
- 5pm Chili, hot dogs and bonfire at St. Joseph’s Church; 5pm Booya at Romaynes – $5
- 5:00 NEW TIME! Pleasant Valley Cloggers at The River Alley Shoppes
- 6pm Grand Lighting of Village & Santa Parade
- PARKING TIP – avoid downtown snarl. Free parking at Interstate Park (if there is less than an inch of snow on the ground)!
- AFTER THE PARADE:
- Santa at Santa Land (at River Alley Shoppes)
- 3rd Grade exhibit at the Town House School
- Face painting & more at Schoony’s
- Free wagon rides outside Coffee Talk
- Kettle Korn at the Town House School
- Judging of outdoor light displays
Saturday - Nov. 25, 2017
- 9-3pm Wassail Party Craft Fair and Swedish Food serving Swedish Meatballs, Potatoes On-A-Stick, Swedish Egg Coffee at the Community Center & Town House School. The Swedish food benefits the Swedish Circle brochure
- 9:30-12:30 Visit the historic Taylors Falls Library
- 10am Medallion Hunt – clues every half hour! Clues will be posted on the town board on Bench Street and on the Taylors Falls Lighting Festival Facebook page
- 10-6:30pm Visit the 1870 E.C. Winslow House, 579 Bench St. $5 or kids 6-17 $1 (benefits the Lighting Festival). $5 or kids 6-17 $1 (benefit for the Lighting Festival)
- 10-3pm Visit the Taylors Falls Historical Society Visitor Center (lower level of the community center)
- 10-7pm Bazaar and Bake Sale at the 1861 Methodist Church
- 11-6:30pm Christmas at the Folsom House; $4 or kids 6-17 $4
- 1 pm Lots of fun PUPPETS AND MUSIC: “Meet me at the Manger.” Every seat is a good one. For families and children…of all ages. Free. 1861 Methodist Church.
- 4:30pm Ecumenical Vespers for all at the 1861 Methodist Church. Free will donation.
- 6:30pm Family Bingo for cash and prizes!! Community Center. $15/pkg & dobbers $1
- 7:30pm Miracle on 34th Street, Festival Theatre, St. Croix Falls.
Sunday - Nov. 26, 2017
- 1-3pm NEW – Green Fire Irish Dance Performance followed by fun and easy Irish dances for all ages
Green Fire will be performing modern “Riverdance” type dances and also historic dances in 1815 (Jane Austen), 1915 (Downton Abbey) and Victorian costumes. Free will donation appreciated. Community Center
Now Accepting Nominations for Royal Lady of the Village
Here is a rare opportunity to own a set of the first 16 original ornaments from 1985 — 2000!!
Each ornament comes with the explanation tag and in their original wrapper.
$120 – Sold as a set only.
Call Sylvia at 715-483-1430 (No answering machine)
The Lighting Festival wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of our sponsors!
Sponsors: City of Taylors Falls; Xcel Energy; Barb’s Family Hair Care; Buchite & Associates; Country Bed and Breakfast; Croix Management; Croix Valley Contracting; High Test Travel; Linda Shober Design and Images; MidWestOne Bank; McLane Accounting & Tax Service, Inc.; Row Sewer Service; Tangled up in Blue; Taylors Falls Bead Store; The Bitworks; The Drive-In Restaurant; WebPlus; Wild Mountain; Wild River Electric
Organizational Sponsors: The Lighting Festival Elves; Taylors Falls Lions Club; Taylors Falls Historical Society; 3rd and 4th Grades at Taylors Falls Elementary; CERT; UMC Outreach Committee; Taylors Fall Fire Department.
Countdown to Lighting Festival 2018!