Always the day after Thanksgiving at 6pm.
Are you interested in being in the Lighting Festival Parade? Please fill out the form, on the right, with the following info:
- Your name, email and phone
- A description of your parade unit
- Is there music with your parade unit
- Names of those involved (so they can be recognized by the MC during the parade)
You will receive by mail/email several days prior to the parade with a written order for the parade line up. It will include a map of the simple parade route. Traffic will be diverted. There is no entry fee for our parade.
- The staging area will be along Pine Street (next to The Drive-In Restaurant) and back along River Street PROMPTLY at 5:30 PM. The Lions Club members will help get you lined up
- The parade starts out from the Pine & Bench Streets at 6:00 when the town “lights” come on
- This is an evening parade, so for safety reasons, we allow no candy. We also want the kids to enjoy the magic of the parade and not be on the lookout for candy. We ask that your respect the sprit of our request.
- In the past, we sometimes have trouble being consistent in keeping adequate space between the 20 plus units. We’ll all be more mindful in doing that this year.
- Units follow the route to the end of Bench Street, turn right, and travel up in front of the Springs Motel behind the Chisago House.
As you think about your unit……think MAGIC, LIGHTS and FUN! If you can add any or all of these features to your part in the parade, it will be the best ever.