Lighting Festival Parade
Always the Friday of Thanksgiving Weekend at 6pm*
Due to the Governor’s new Covid mandate, this year’s parade is going to look a little different. The committee has decided to do a “drive by” parade. This is our only option other then canceling it all together.
The parade entries will be lined up all along Bench St. and vehicles will be able to drive through town from the stoplights to the north end of town. It will be patrolled for vehicles to drive SLOW.
The drive by parade will go from 6pm-7pm.
Parade entries can win some cash prizes for best entry voted by the public.
Please fill out the entry form with the following info:
- Your name, email and phone
- A description of your parade unit
- Is there music with your parade unit
- Names of those involved (so they can be recognized by the MC during the parade)
- Do you want to enter your float in the parade contest? Photo will be posted on LF Facebook page and the parade float with the most “Likes” is the winner. $100 prize.
You will receive by mail/email several days prior to the parade with a written order for the parade line up. It will include a map of the simple parade route. Traffic will be diverted. There is no entry fee for our parade.
- IMPORTANT: This is an evening parade, so for safety reasons, we allow no candy. We also want the kids to enjoy the magic of the parade and not be on the lookout for candy. We ask that your respect the sprit of our request.
- Other than the mayor of Taylors Falls, we do not allow political parties or politicians in the parade.
- The staging area will be along Pine Street (next to The Drive-In Restaurant) and back along River Street PROMPTLY at 5:30 PM. The Lions Club members will help get you lined up
- The parade starts out from the Pine & Bench Streets at 6:00 when the town “lights” come on
- In the past, we sometimes have trouble being consistent in keeping adequate space between the 20 plus units. We’ll all be more mindful in doing that this year.
- Units follow the route to the end of Bench Street, turn right, and travel up in front of the Springs Motel behind the Chisago House.
As you think about your unit……think MAGIC, LIGHTS and FUN! If you can add any or all of these features to your part in the parade, it will be the best ever.
* If we cancel the parade, due to Covid-19, we will inform everyone by November 5th.